(Bill’s Boston Qualifiers Guide has no affiliation with the Boston Athletic Association.)
Here are the Qualifying Times for a shot at running in the 2021 Boston Marathon. Runners, also see this List of Marathons you can run to Qualify.
Please note all of the below from the BAA website (link at bottom):
- Qualifying times must be run on or after Saturday, September 14, 2019.
- Times are based on each runner’s age as of April 19, 2021.
- Qualifying times are based on official submitted net time (aka chip time).
- Due to field size limitations, achieving one’s qualifying standard does not guarantee entry, but simply the opportunity to submit for registration.
- In recent years, not all qualifiers who submit an entry to the Boston Marathon have been accepted, due to field size restrictions.
- If the total amount of submissions exceeds the allotted field size for qualified runners, then the fastest runners from the pool of applicants in their age and gender group will be accepted.
Runner’s Age > Male Runners / Female Runners
- 18-34 > 3hrs 00min 00sec / 3hrs 30min 00sec
- 35-39 > 3hrs 05min 00sec / 3hrs 35min 00sec
- 40-44 > 3hrs 10min 00sec / 3hrs 40min 00sec
- 45-49 > 3hrs 20min 00sec / 3hrs 50min 00sec
- 50-54 > 3hrs 25min 00sec / 3hrs 55min 00sec
- 55-59 > 3hrs 35min 00sec / 4hrs 05min 00sec
- 60-64 > 3hrs 50min 00sec / 4hrs 20min 00sec
- 65-69 > 4hrs 05min 00sec / 4hrs 35min 00sec
- 70-74 > 4hrs 20min 00sec / 4hrs 50min 00sec
- 75-79 > 4hrs 35min 00sec / 5hrs 05min 00sec
- 80+ > 4hrs 50min 00sec / 5hrs 20min 00sec